A rare opportunity to reinvent this 19th century beauty into the showpiece of historic New Albanys urban transformation. Understand the past and shape the future with this carefully rehabbed beauty. This French Second Empire masterpiece merges craftmanship and pure art. Built for WC DePauw in 1870, its Mansard roofs identify the style which is accented with porches, intricate wrought iron railings and beautiful bay windows. The stone facade highlights elaborate window hoods and countless scrolling cornices. A variety of magnificent rooms with 13 ceilings feature architectural wonders including pier mirrors flanked by elongated windows, 11 elegant doors, bronze hardware, hand sculpted plaster molding, abundant chandeliers paired with medallions, and fifteen original fireplaces. A 3-panel stain glass door leads to a rooftop patio, an informal dining room wrapped with 8 lovely sunny windows and a handsome library are examples of the myriad of rooms in this three-story wonder.
|Square Feet||14,688 sq. ft.|